The SOT-AZ annual Veterans Day Golf Tournament is now a full week of festivities. Our signature fundraising activities information follows, but first let us thank you for your past participation and what you have helped achieve.
To date you have helped raise over $160,000, which in turn has helped many of our local Pinal County veterans and families.
1. A family of nine with rent and food. Both parents eventually found jobs with the help of the Eloy Veterans Center.
2. Sizeable endowment fund providing scholarships for our veterans’ wives and children.
3. State-of-the-art flagpole installation at the new park next to the Eloy Veterans Center. The pole was donated by a former client of SOT Board Member, Pat Carlberg.
4. An air conditioner was purchased for an elderly veteran who lives in a small apartment and suffers from a major heart condition.
5. A local WWII female veteran was escorted to the Washington DC Veterans Memorial.
6. Your donations have provided temporary housing, food and utilities for numerous veterans.
These are the just some of the reasons why we continue to do what we do and why you are so important to our mission! Ninety eight percent of all your money goes back out to help our local veterans. Your SOT-AZ Board and officers extend our heartfelt thank you for all your assistance, monetary and donated time!
Now it’s time for you to mark your calendars and sign up for all the SOT-AZ Veterans Day/week activities.
This year we are offering two golf events. We added a par 3 tournament to offer people who do not like the long holes an opportunity to participate in a one-of-a-kind Robson Ranch golf event.
We will again offer many raffle prizes. Note: anyone interested in donating a raffle item and/or a raffle basket or to purchase raffle tickets, please contact Steve Anderson.
Week of events:
November 6, Annual Auction: Great donated prizes have included house painting, landscape and home improvement packages, vacations, gourmet dinners and much more! Time and location details to follow.
November 7: Jazz concert featuring the Community College Jazz Band with Robson’s own Andy Hockett playing the trombone in the Ballroom.
November 8: SOT Dinner at the LaPaloma Restaurant in Eloy. Tickets go on sale September 15.
November 9: First Par 3 Golf Tournament. The entry price is $50* per person. (Not a team event.)
November 11: The Grand Finale is our annual Best Ball Golf Tournament, $75* per player, which includes lunch. Additional festivities include a putting contest and games to lower your team score by purchasing mulligans, 15 ft. enhance-your-shot string, along with spinning the wheel.
*A combo ticket for both golf events including the special tournament games is $129 per player.
Both golf tournament paid registration deadlines are November 1 or until full.
SOT-AZ will continue to update these activity details, pricing and deadlines via the Robson Web Blasts and Nextdoor Neighbor. If you have immediate questions or desire an entry form, please contact Steve Anderson at [email protected] or Allen Crawford at [email protected]