Normandy, France Landing Beach Tour and Rhine River Cruise – June 27-July 7, 2017
Support Our Troops-AZ has negotiated a special trip to Normandy, France to visit the World War II landing beaches followed by a week-long river cruise on the Rhine River from Amsterdam, The Netherlands to Basel, Switzerland.
SOT has arranged for a special wreath laying ceremony at the American Cemetery overlooking Omaha Beach. If you are related to anyone who was part of that historic invasion or knew of someone, this is a perfect opportunity for you to pay your respects for the sacrifice that thousands of our young heroes gave so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have today.
Following the tour to Normandy we will board a river cruise ship in Amsterdam and sail up the Rhine River stopping at key cities along the way and enjoy the scenery, gourmet food, excellent wine and warm fellowship with your fellow Robson Ranch neighbors. SOT has the full ship to sell so that if we fill it the cruise will be a charter just for Robson Ranch residents, their friends and family. Please notify your friends and family to see if they would also like to join us.
For full details, prices and itinerary, please contact Steve Anderson at [email protected] or call 770-331-6198. There are still rooms at all price levels available, but we expect they will go fast. If you want to take this great trip, please call Steve soon.
SOT Annual Golf Tournament Week Reminders
1. Sunday, November 6: live auction at the Hermosa Ballroom at 6:00 p.m. Admission: Donation of non-perishable food items for the Eloy Veterans Center. Appetizers will be served and a cash bar will be available.
2. Monday, November 7:
a) the annual SOT silent bakery auction from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the Hermosa Ballroom.
b) Jazz concert (immediately following bakery auction) performed by the Central Arizona Community College Jazz band in the “SOT Bistro” at the Hermosa Ballroom. Admission is $20 and includes: light dessert and non-alcoholic beverages. A cash bar will be available.
3. Tuesday, November 8: “Fajita Fiesta” dinner at La Paloma restaurant. The price is $25 all inclusive; non-alcoholic beverages included. Dinner will be served “home style” with entertainment by a roving Mariachi band.
4. Wednesday, November 9, at 1:30 p.m.: Inaugural Par 3 golf event followed by beverages and snacks at the award ceremony in the Hermosa Ballroom.
5. Friday, November 11: Veterans Day Golf Event at 8:00 a.m. This is the “Granddaddy” of all SOT events. If you are not able to play, please consider volunteering to work the tournament. Full lunch and non-alcoholic beverages are included. A cash bar will be available.
6. Raffle prizes/tickets: prizes will be on display and ready for ticket placement from November 6 to November 11 in the Cheyenne/Laredo rooms. Times to be announced.