SOT-AZ invites you to our “Help a Local Vet” event, our fourth annual Veterans Day golf tournament festivities, November 5-11, 2015.
SOT-AZ wants to thank all our registered golfers for selling out the golf event so early! For the rest of our fellow ranchers, you can still be a part of our week long fun…here’s how:
1) Provide a raffle prize or be a hole sponsor, which is tax deductible. Contact Steve Anderson at email@example.com or call 770-331-6198.
2) Purchase raffle tickets; great prizes drawn November 11
Ticket Prices 9/1-10/15/2015: 500 for $100; 250 for $60; 75 for $20
Ticket Prices 10/16-11/10/15: 500 for $125; 250 for 90; 50 for $20
Tickets are available from Steve Anderson, Jerry Koppy, Rich Harris and Allen Crawford.
3) Show off your culinary talents. Attention all bakers out there; we need your scrumptious pies, cakes, cookies, breads, etc. to feature at our first bake sale. Details will be out shortly. Contact Jane Kihlstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the item you will be baking.
4) Don’t miss our second annual Live Auction. Even if you don’t want to bid on some of our fabulous items, come see how our professional auctioneers handle the bidding. Last year’s auction raised over $50,000; auction items included two large landscape packages valued at $15K and $50K! Please plan to join the fun; large as well as small bid items along with a night of entertainment, food and drink! Watch Web Blasts for more details.
5) We want to thank all our volunteers! If you still want to help, contact Janie Rath at 520-413-5539 or Janie.email@example.com.
Note: Golf registration is sold out, but we are taking a golfers wait list. Contact Allen Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-641-2751.
Cancellation policy: If you are unable to play or provide a substitute, SOT-AZ will provide a veteran or military service member to take your place.
Helping our local vets doesn’t end with the golf tournament, and here are more ways you can help:
6) Become a Member/Run for the Board
Contribute your fresh, new ideas to our growing club. We would love to see some of our new residents not only join SOT-AZ, but also become a member of our board. “New Blood” is so important for the continued growth of SOT-AZ! Fresh, new ideas result in more ways to help support our local veterans.
Note: Please join us for our next general membership meeting at the Sports Club on November 17 at 1:30 p.m.
7) Every time you shop at Fry’s and Amazon: by registering your account, designating Support Our Troops-AZ as the beneficiary of your dollars spent, these generous businesses will provide a credit and disburse a check quarterly to SOT-AZ.
No money or additional effort required, and it does not impact your fuel points. Websites are Amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/45-4659819; Fry’s: www.fryscommunityrewards.com. Note: Fry’s will prompt you to re-register each year.
Contact BJ Foster at email@example.com if you have any registration issues.